This Virtual Visit is the last ATLAS underground Virtual Visit before data-taking begins. ATLAS cavern will be closed an hour after the stream!
This Virtual Visit will be streamed online and made available on YouTube/TikTok.
2021 Thesis Award Winners
The ATLAS Thesis Award winners for 2021 are:
- Jackson Carl Burzynski (Simon Fraser University): A Search for Exotic Higgs Decays or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Long-lived Particles
- Giulia Di Gregorio (Universita & INFN Pisa): Search for the Higgs boson produced in association with a vector boson and decaying into a pair of b-quarks using large-R jets with the ATLAS detector
- Manuel Guth (Universite de Geneve): Search for ttH(bb) Production in the Lepton + Jets Channel and Quark Flavour Tagging with Deep Learning at the ATLAS Experiment
- Alexander Leopold (KTH Royal Institute of Technology) Dark Matter Searches in Association with a Higgs Boson using 13 TeV ATLAS Data and Performance Evaluation of the High-Granularity Timing Detector
- Stefan Popa (Transilvania University of Brasov): The Read Out Controller ASIC for the ATLAS Experiment at LHC
- Zachary Michael Schillaci (Brandeis University): Precision measurements of four-lepton production in 13 TeV proton-proton collisions with the ATLAS detector
See the News Article on the 2021 Awards.