Summary of new ATLAS results from LHCP 2022
16 May 2022 | By
The annual conference on Large Hadron Collider physics (LHCP 2022) celebrates its tenth edition this year! For a decade, this week-long event has united the diverse collaborations of scientists studying data from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). Originally planned as an in-person event in Taipei (Taiwan), it instead kicks off today in video-conference rooms around the world.
The LHCP 2022 programme covers the wide spectrum of LHC physics and technology, from the latest experimental and theoretical results to first looks at the upgraded accelerator and detector operation of Run 3. Members of the ATLAS Collaboration will be giving 41 talks and presenting 48 posters at the conference, unveiling several new analyses of the full LHC Run-2 dataset (recorded 2015–2018).
Key results will be explored in ATLAS Physics Briefings, to be released throughout the conference. Check the LHCP 2022 tag for the latest updates. The full list of new ATLAS results presented at LHCP 2022 is given below.
Latest Physics Briefings and News
- ATLAS looks for top quarks going against the current, Physics Briefing, 16 May 2022
- Searches united: ATLAS expands the search for heavy new particles, Physics Briefing, 18 May 2022
- ATLAS measures symmetry of Higgs boson decays to tau leptons, Physics Briefing, 20 May 2022
New ATLAS results presented at LHCP 2022
- Cross-section measurements for the production of a Z boson in association with high-transverse-momentum jets in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (arXiv: 2205.02597, see figures)
- Measuring CP properties of Higgs boson interactions with τ leptons with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-032)
Scalar boson and diboson searches
- Search for a new scalar resonance in flavour-changing neutral-current top-quark decays t→qX (q=u,c), with X→bb, in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-027)
- A search for heavy Higgs bosons decaying into vector bosons in same-sign two-lepton final states in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-033)
- Measurement of the tt̄ production cross-section in proton-proton collisions at 5.02 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-031)
- Measurement of single top-quark production in the s-channel in proton-proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-030)
Exotic New Physics
- Search for dark matter produced in association with a dark Higgs boson decaying to W+W− in the one-lepton final state at 13 TeV using 139 fb−1 of proton-proton collisions recorded with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-029)
- Search for heavy long-lived multi-charged particles in the full Run-II proton-proton collision data at 13 TeV using the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-034)
- Combination of searches for heavy resonances using 139 fb−1 of proton-proton collision data at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2022-028)