Summary of new ATLAS results from LHCP 2021
7th June 2021 | By
The summer conference season begins! The ninth annual conference on Large Hadron Collider physics (LHCP 2021) kicks off today in video-conference rooms around the world. This week-long event is dedicated to the wide range of physics studied at the Large Hadron Collider, bringing collaborations of scientists together to share their latest news. Originally planned to be held in Paris, France, last year, the 2021 edition of the conference is again being held online.
The ATLAS Collaboration will be unveiling a wide range of new results, including new analyses of the full LHC Run 2 dataset (recorded 2015–2018). Look forward to precision measurements of the Higgs boson, probes of the quark gluon plasma, new searches for supersymmetry and more.
Key results will be explored in ATLAS Physics Briefings, to be released throughout the conference. Check the LHCP 2021 tag for the latest updates.
Latest LHCP 2021 News and Physics Briefings
- New search for charming decay of the Higgs boson, Physics Briefing, 7 June
- ATLAS measures the polarisation of top quarks and antiquarks, Physics Briefing, 8 June
- Heavyweight champions: a search for new heavy W’ bosons with the ATLAS detector, Physics Briefing, 9 June
- The hunt for higgsinos reaches new limits, Physics Briefing, 10 June
New ATLAS results presented at LHCP 2021
- Direct constraint on the Higgs-charm coupling using Higgs boson decays to charm quarks with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-021)
- Search for heavy resonances decaying into a W boson and a Higgs boson in final states with leptons and b-jets in 139 fb−1 of proton–proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-026)
- Search for exotic decays of the Higgs boson to bb and missing transverse momentum in proton–proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (HDBS-2018-07)
- Measurement of nuclear modification factor for muons from charm and bottom hadrons in Pb+Pb collisions at 5.02 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-020)
- Search for high-mass resonances in final states with a tau lepton and missing transverse momentum with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-025)
- Search for pair-production of vector-like quarks in proton–proton collision events at 13 TeV with at least one leptonically-decaying Z boson and a third-generation quark with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-024)
- Search for type-III seesaw heavy leptons in leptonic final states in proton–proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-023)
- Search for non-resonant signatures of extra dimensions in high-mass dilepton final states in 139 fb−1 of proton–proton collisions at 13 TeV using the ATLAS detector (ATL-PHYS-PUB-2021-021)
- Constraining the dark sector with the monojet signature in the ATLAS experiment (ATL-PHYS-PUB-2021-020)
- Search for charginos and neutralinos in final states with two boosted hadronically decaying bosons and missing transverse momentum in proton–proton collisions at 13 TeV with the ATLAS detector (ATLAS-CONF-2021-022)
- Search for chargino--neutralino pair production in final states with three leptons and missing transverse momentum in 13 TeV proton–proton collisions with the ATLAS detector (arXiv: 2106.01676, see figures)